We could use your help
We have a number of volunteer opportunities available. And they're not the "do you have a truck, because I have to move my couch out of my apartment this weekend" kind of opportunities.
Open Board Positions
Board Position — Volunteer Chair
Do you like helping people? Do you feel the desire to get other people to help people? If so, you might be exactly what we're looking for. As the volunteer chair you will help round up and organize all of our volunteers who serve on the board, as committee members and helpers at our events.
- You enjoy meeting and talking to fellow human beings.
- When you hear "it takes a village..." you immediately stop listening and think to yourself, "I wonder if there's an opening for village organizer?"
- You've said out loud at least once "I'm not a cat person, but I've toyed with the idea of adopting a bunch just to see exactly how hard it really is to herd them. It can't possibly be as hard as everyone says it is."
Board Position — Event Organizer
Have you ever gone to an event? Have you ever organized something? Now, and this is really the big question, have you ever organized an event? If so, you may not know this, but you could probably be called an "event organizer." These special breed of people know how to get things done and boy oh boy do we need people like you. Please carefully read the qualifications listed below to see if you can make the cut.
- On more than one occasion you were told by a family member or friend that you were still wearing the "hello my name is..." name tag out in public.
- When you enter a room for the first time, you naturally think to yourself "that's where I'd put the horse d'oeuvres. "
- You noticed that we misspelled "Hors d'oeuvres" and it's bothering you more than just a little bit right now.
- You have contingency plans for when it rains (you know a good "tent guy") and it doesn't rain and it's supposed to (you transport an array of lawn sprinklers with you to every event just in case).